Whether you are a first time landlord considering a rental of your family home or a seasoned property investor with a rental portfolio Higley Homes can help.
Higley Homes has a dedicated lettings & management department drawing on more than 35 years experience in the local property business. We are committed to make the process of renting your property as straight forward and transparent as possible and firmly believe that with thorough referencing and care you will be presented with a Tenant that you are happy to have live in your property and also one that you may like to remain over a longer term.
Higley Homes offer a tailored service to suit Landlords either looking for management or a let only service. Should you entrust us with your property, you can rest assured that thorough investigations will be made to gather the right information for you to take an informed decision as to who enters your property.
Higley Homes will guide you through the various landlord regulations governing the rental of your property and advise and assist where necessary so you are well informed as to your responsibilities as a landlord.
Should you prefer to manage the tenancy then we can act on a tenant finding basis only. Here are some of the features of our let only service.
- Free rental valuation provided
- Marketing across many popular property portals & throughout our existing tenant applicant base
- Accompanied viewings where appropriate
- References taken to include employers & previous landlord confirmations
- Credit reference agency checks to establish the tenant’s financial viability
- Rental advance & appropriate deposit taken to guard against any damages
- Preparation and execution of An Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement
Where you would prefer to have your property managed by an agent Higley Homes can offer a comprehensive management service. Perhaps you live outside of the UK or a distance from your rental property or maybe you are just too busy to deal with the day to day management yourself, then allow Higley Homesl to manage your property on your behalf.
We offer a transparent and straight forward service and are on hand to both you and your tenant to ensure that the rental of your property runs as smoothly as possible. All rental valuations are free and conducted in a professional manner, based upon local example properties and values. When securing your instructions to market, your property will be carefully marketed throughout our existing tenant applicant base and prominently displayed across many popular and well recognised property portals.
In addition to our let only service we will also:
- Arrange the Inventories and Schedule Of Condition required at the start of the tenancy
- We will lodge the tenant’s deposit with the Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS)
- Inspect the property on a quarterly basis and report to you our findings
- Liaise with the tenant on any reported issues and to gain your instructions on any repair/maintenance works that may be required
- Write to the utilities, services and local authority informing them of the change of occupation and providing meter readings where possible (please note that providers may not accept meter readings from a third party)
- Conduct a checkout of the property at the end of the tenancy
- Agree with you and your tenant any dilapidations (other than general fair wear and tear) before releasing the tenancy deposit
- Process rental payments and forward them to you on a monthly basis (less any agreed agency fees), monitor the payments and advise you whether there are any issues with the regularity of rents received
- Inform you towards the end of the tenancy and take your instructions as to whether you wish to re-let